5234600 - GM LS GEN III, 5.7L-6.2L 1997-19, A356 Front Cover & Gear Assembly for Applications with 4 BBL Carburetor and Distributor, as-cast
PRW LS front drive distributor conversion kits are designed for LS1 applications using a 4-barrel carburetor and a distributor. The assembly includes a cast aluminum timing chain cover, camshaft gear and drive adapter hubs that attaches to front of the camshaft timing gear and drives the distributor and mechanical fuel pump (if desired). PRW LS front drive distributor conversion kit can complete the switch from fuel injection to a carburetor and normal distributor for Steet Rod to Racing Applications. Can be used with OEM LS1, LS2, and LS6 camshaft gears, or aftermarket Double Roller/True Roller timing sets.
PRW LS front drive distributor conversion kit provides an alternative to installing a complete fuel injection system when transplanting a late model LS engine into an older street performance vehicle. The kit is also designed so that racers can now run an LS style engine in classes that require a distributor ignition system. Enjoy the performance and durability of the GM LS series engine with the simplicity and tune-ability of a distributor and carburetor. If you’re looking to make your LS engine conversion project look more period correct, this is the perfect solution for you. Spare and replacement parts are readily available directly from PRW.
- Enables use of a standard distributor ignition system
- Allows for the ability to fine tune the carburetor,
- ignition timing and distributor timing curve to suit your particular application.
- Components included:
- Front cover especially designed for a front drive distributor conversation.
- Distributor drive gear kit assembly
- Fuel pump eccentric
- Adapter kit with easy-to-use color-coded spacers
- Front cover seal
- Necessary assembly bolts
- Step-by-step installation guide
- Requires a small block Ford distributor, mechanical fuel pump, water pump designed for a front mount distributor drive (all not included). Some installations require other components which are not included
Download the installation guide here: CLICK HERE